The annual New Dundee fish fry will be Wednesday September 20th this year, running from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Location as always is the Community Center. Come out and have fish and chips for dinner and socialize with your neighbours and friends.
Price is $20 at the door or $18 if you preregister (see any Board of Trade member to purchase tickets early). Your $20 includes all taxes and gratuities as well as:
- 2 piece Cod fish and chip dinner
- cold drinks
- coffee and tea
The New Dundee Board of Trade looks forward to seeing you there again this year!
We had a lot of fun this Saturday at the Garden Party, despite the stormy weather; when the rain started we were all safely inside enjoying our cake and ice cream. At least the rain held off until after a rather energetic croquet tournament. The turn-out was good, and it was nice to see all the red and white hats, and snazzy Canada Day outfits. Thanks to the volunteers and especially the Women’s Institute for the fantastic cake!
We have a couple of kid-related activities about town this summer:
1. Dundee Sports Camp (Soccer, Basket Ball, Ball Hockey)
9 – 3 on July 24 – 28, Ages 6 – 12
Information at 519-696-2462 or email@example.com
2. Summer Church in the park. July 30th 10:30 am ‘Kid Focussed’ church in the park featuring New Dundee’s own Paul Behnke
. Followed by Potluck BBQ (Bring salads and dessert, Burgers, Hot Dogs and drinks provided) To let us know if you are planning to come to the BBQ, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Garden Party will be held rain or shine, so bring your bonnet and join us on July 1st for some cake and tea on the lawn to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday. If croquet isn’t your cup of tea, bring a ball or a bat and play your favorite game! See you at the park!
Another New Dundee Victoria Day has come and gone. The weather cooperated, so the garage sale, parade and fireworks were all successful. Below are some pictures from the day. If you have other pictures you’d like to share please send them to email@example.com.
See you next year, and don’t forget to sign up for our Victoria Day newsletter now (see the sidebar on the left of this page), so that you get advance notice of the event for next year.
From Mike Harris:
Town Hall in Wilmot Township
On May 24th I will be holding my second Town Hall, this time at the Wilmot Recreation Complex in Baden from 7 – 8pm. While I always appreciate the chance to share with you what I’m doing at Queen’s Park to give voice to your concerns, I also look forward to hearing from your voices directly. This is an opportunity for the people of Kitchener-Conestoga to have their say on provincial issues impacting us here at home.
REGISTER HERE: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/town-hall-in-wilmot-township-tickets-34257617456
For more information you can contact my office at 519.954.8679 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to reduce congestion and help ensure access for emergency vehicles, Wilmot Township has approved one-way traffic flow in the area of Queen St, Dundee Ave, and Poth Drive (see map in this download).
Signs and barriers will be in place directing traffic southbound only on Queen St. South from Bridge to Poth, westbound only on Poth Dr. from Queen to Dundee, and northbound only on Dundee Ave from Poth to Bridge.
For questions or concerns please contact Jen Tate at 519.616.0535 or Mark Cameron at 519.696.3344.
visit this website
Wilmot township has a variety of events planned for Canada’s 150th birthday, including a Guinness world record attempt! Full details available at www.wilmotcanada150.com.
Local New Dundee service clubs are also looking at organizing an event to be held at the park, further details to follow.
visit this website
Kitchener-Conestoga MP Harold Albrecht is asking us all to attend a local blood donor clinic that he’s taking part in.
Date: Monday May 22 2017, 5-8pm. (after the parade, but before the fireworks!).
Location: Steinmann Mennonite Church, 1316 Snyders Rd. West. (corner of Nafziger and Snyders road at the lights between Baden and New Hamburg)
Walk in appt’s welcome, however you can also book an appointment ahead of time at www.blood.ca/18882donate.
Prior to the blood donor clinic that day, Harold will be driving his tractor in the New Dundee Victoria Day parade.
view the website
Each year many thousands of people pass through New Dundee to enjoy our day-long Victoria Day celebrations. Here’s the schedule for Monday May 22: 2017:
- 7:00 am – Community Garage Sale.
- 7:00 am -11:00 am Backyard Breakfast and Garage Sale in support of fireworks (beside the park at 1388 Bridge Street).
- 8:30am to 4:00pm – Vendors Market in the park (Contact Lisa Demaline @ 519-391-0111).
- 9:30am to 3:00pm – Antique Car and Tractor Show in the park.
- 7:00am to 3:00pm – Silent auction in the park– (Contact Joan Good @ 519-696-2552).
- 7:00am to 3:00pm – Food Booths in the park.
- Park Activities:
- Bouncy Rides – 11:00am to 2:00pm
- Zoe the Clown – 11:30am
- Gemstone Entertainment – 12:00 noon to 1:00pm
- 1:30pm – Parade: Theme this year is Canada 150. Churches, schools, service groups, businesses and individuals are encouraged to enter a float. Individuals, especially the kids are encouraged to dress up in costume, decorate their bikes, etc., create something for Canada 150 and walk in the parade. There are cash prizes for many different categories. Call Mark Schwartzentruber @ 519-897-3329, Joan Good @ 519-696-2552 or Glenn Cooke @ 519-696-2327.
- 6:00pm – Barbecue at the Community Center. 3 local bands will provide entertainment: “Sonic Sea”, “Doug Mayfield Trio” and “Collective”, “Kiddies Fun Trek” will be setting up a mini midway with fun for all ages.
- Fireworks at dusk, click for flyer at the Community Center.
Questions? Please use the contact us form and we’ll get your questions answered.