Wilmot township has a variety of events planned for Canada’s 150th birthday, including a Guinness world record attempt! Full details available at www.wilmotcanada150.com.
Local New Dundee service clubs are also looking at organizing an event to be held at the park, further details to follow.
Kitchener-Conestoga MP Harold Albrecht is asking us all to attend a local blood donor clinic that he’s taking part in.
Date: Monday May 22 2017, 5-8pm. (after the parade, but before the fireworks!).
Location: Steinmann Mennonite Church, 1316 Snyders Rd. West. (corner of Nafziger and Snyders road at the lights between Baden and New Hamburg)
Walk in appt’s welcome, however you can also book an appointment ahead of time at www.blood.ca/18882donate.
Prior to the blood donor clinic that day, Harold will be driving his tractor in the New Dundee Victoria Day parade.
Each year many thousands of people pass through New Dundee to enjoy our day-long Victoria Day celebrations. Here’s the schedule for Monday May 22: 2017:
- 7:00 am – Community Garage Sale.
- 7:00 am -11:00 am Backyard Breakfast and Garage Sale in support of fireworks (beside the park at 1388 Bridge Street).
- 8:30am to 4:00pm – Vendors Market in the park (Contact Lisa Demaline @ 519-391-0111).
- 9:30am to 3:00pm – Antique Car and Tractor Show in the park.
- 7:00am to 3:00pm – Silent auction in the park– (Contact Joan Good @ 519-696-2552).
- 7:00am to 3:00pm – Food Booths in the park.
- Park Activities:
- Bouncy Rides – 11:00am to 2:00pm
- Zoe the Clown – 11:30am
- Gemstone Entertainment – 12:00 noon to 1:00pm
- 1:30pm – Parade: Theme this year is Canada 150. Churches, schools, service groups, businesses and individuals are encouraged to enter a float. Individuals, especially the kids are encouraged to dress up in costume, decorate their bikes, etc., create something for Canada 150 and walk in the parade. There are cash prizes for many different categories. Call Mark Schwartzentruber @ 519-897-3329, Joan Good @ 519-696-2552 or Glenn Cooke @ 519-696-2327.
- 6:00pm – Barbecue at the Community Center. 3 local bands will provide entertainment: “Sonic Sea”, “Doug Mayfield Trio” and “Collective”, “Kiddies Fun Trek” will be setting up a mini midway with fun for all ages.
- Fireworks at dusk, click for flyer at the Community Center.
Questions? Please use the contact us form and we’ll get your questions answered.
The New Dundee Board of Trade had another successful annual Pancake Breakfast with over 300 people filled up with all you can eat pancakes, sausages, eggs, and maple syrup from the 2016-2017 Elmira Maple Syrup Festival’s producer of the year (Maple Tap Farm).
CTV News Kitchener sent their reporter Tyler Calver out who produced a video report you can view here.
Thanks to all who attended, we’ll see you again for breakfast next year!
You may have noticed the Canadian flags through the village that have now been replaced by the Christmas lights. We plan to have the flags up each year from Victoria day until just past the 1st of July, and then again for the month of November for our Remembrance day services.
You have may have been told by our volunteers that they were actually installing cameras. Rest assured this is not the case, but I credit them for their witticism despite the freezing temperatures!
The flag project is an initiative of the Board of Trade and we’d love to hear your feedback. If anyone has any pictures of the flags, please share!
This page is maintained by the Board of Trade, and we’re very excited about our new look. Feel free to browse around the site, and visit the various pages. We have included an interesting history of New Dundee, complete with some archive video footage, that shows a glimpse into our past. We’d like this page to be as interactive as possible, so please feel free to contact us, and tell us about yourself. We accept photo and video submissions, as well as text. The blog will be updated on a monthly basis, we’d love to hear your news.