Our Garden Party will be held rain or shine, so bring your bonnet and join us on July 1st for some cake and tea on the lawn to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday. If croquet isn’t your cup of tea, bring a ball or a bat and play your favorite game! See you at the park!
Another New Dundee Victoria Day has come and gone. The weather cooperated, so the garage sale, parade and fireworks were all successful. Below are some pictures from the day. If you have other pictures you’d like to share please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you next year, and don’t forget to sign up for our Victoria Day newsletter now (see the sidebar on the left of this page), so that you get advance notice of the event for next year.
For more information you can contact my office at 519.954.8679 or email@example.com
In order to reduce congestion and help ensure access for emergency vehicles, Wilmot Township has approved one-way traffic flow in the area of Queen St, Dundee Ave, and Poth Drive (see map in this download).
Signs and barriers will be in place directing traffic southbound only on Queen St. South from Bridge to Poth, westbound only on Poth Dr. from Queen to Dundee, and northbound only on Dundee Ave from Poth to Bridge.
For questions or concerns please contact Jen Tate at 519.616.0535 or Mark Cameron at 519.696.3344.
Wilmot township has a variety of events planned for Canada’s 150th birthday, including a Guinness world record attempt! Full details available at www.wilmotcanada150.com.
Local New Dundee service clubs are also looking at organizing an event to be held at the park, further details to follow.
Kitchener-Conestoga MP Harold Albrecht is asking us all to attend a local blood donor clinic that he’s taking part in.
Date: Monday May 22 2017, 5-8pm. (after the parade, but before the fireworks!).
Location: Steinmann Mennonite Church, 1316 Snyders Rd. West. (corner of Nafziger and Snyders road at the lights between Baden and New Hamburg)
Walk in appt’s welcome, however you can also book an appointment ahead of time at www.blood.ca/18882donate.
Prior to the blood donor clinic that day, Harold will be driving his tractor in the New Dundee Victoria Day parade.
Each year many thousands of people pass through New Dundee to enjoy our day-long Victoria Day celebrations. Here’s the schedule for Monday May 22: 2017:
- 7:00 am – Community Garage Sale.
- 7:00 am -11:00 am Backyard Breakfast and Garage Sale in support of fireworks (beside the park at 1388 Bridge Street).
- 8:30am to 4:00pm – Vendors Market in the park (Contact Lisa Demaline @ 519-391-0111).
- 9:30am to 3:00pm – Antique Car and Tractor Show in the park.
- 7:00am to 3:00pm – Silent auction in the park– (Contact Joan Good @ 519-696-2552).
- 7:00am to 3:00pm – Food Booths in the park.
- Park Activities:
- Bouncy Rides – 11:00am to 2:00pm
- Zoe the Clown – 11:30am
- Gemstone Entertainment – 12:00 noon to 1:00pm
- 1:30pm – Parade: Theme this year is Canada 150. Churches, schools, service groups, businesses and individuals are encouraged to enter a float. Individuals, especially the kids are encouraged to dress up in costume, decorate their bikes, etc., create something for Canada 150 and walk in the parade. There are cash prizes for many different categories. Call Mark Schwartzentruber @ 519-897-3329, Joan Good @ 519-696-2552 or Glenn Cooke @ 519-696-2327.
- 6:00pm – Barbecue at the Community Center. 3 local bands will provide entertainment: “Sonic Sea”, “Doug Mayfield Trio” and “Collective”, “Kiddies Fun Trek” will be setting up a mini midway with fun for all ages.
- Fireworks at dusk, click for flyer at the Community Center.
Questions? Please use the contact us form and we’ll get your questions answered.
This spring, the roadside clean-up was held on Earth Day, a really nice coincidence! The turnout was great as as the weather.
Remember that there will be another Clean-up day in the fall, we will post the date later in the summer.
A reminder that the clean-up is this weekend, April 22, 2017. We are always looking for volunteers, it’s a fun way to get out in the sunshine and meet your neighbours. If you are in high school, this is an excellent opportunity to complete your volunteer hours. Please join us at the Board of Trade building on South St., right across from the Village Market, at 9:00 AM. Vests, route maps, and instructions will be distributed there.
This year we will be providing a bin for scrap metal and electronics, thanks to Dundee Recycling and Toman Services as well as the Board of Trade. The bin is located beside Toman Services, 1454 Bridge St., and you can drop off electronic waste and scrap metal from 9:00 AM until 2:00 PM. The bin will be there for about a week, if you can’t make it this Saturday.
The following is a list of the items that can be put in the bin:
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metal
- Computer monitors
- Computer circuit boards
- Printers and Fax machines
- Phones, Cell phones, Pagers and Answering Machines
- AV Players and Recorders
- Speakers and Turntables
- Video Game consoles
- CPUs and Towers, Laptops
The New Dundee Board of Trade had another successful annual Pancake Breakfast with over 300 people filled up with all you can eat pancakes, sausages, eggs, and maple syrup from the 2016-2017 Elmira Maple Syrup Festival’s producer of the year (Maple Tap Farm).
CTV News Kitchener sent their reporter Tyler Calver out who produced a video report you can view here.
Thanks to all who attended, we’ll see you again for breakfast next year!